Tuesday 21 June 2011

National Geographic Kids Almanac 2012...so great!

I was at Costco the other day and, in the kids book section, saw the National Geographic's Kids Almanac 2012 for $9.98.  I had quickly looked through one at my friends house before, it was really interesting, so I picked this up for my kids.

Reading everyday is mandatory in this home.  Every night before bed, all four of us snuggle into our (me and Ivan's) bed and read.  I have started to read this Almanac to them, maybe 6-8 pages a night, and they are loving it.  Simone and Donovan both listen quietly and look at the pictures.....they are both truly interested.  Not only are they learning a ton, but me too!

This is definitely a great thing to have as it discusses current global issues, politics, animals, a little of everything.  I am thinking of picking another one up and putting it into both children's memory boxes so they can look back each year and see what things were like when they were little.

No comments:

Post a Comment