Tuesday 13 September 2011

Qunioa for Breakfast

Someone told me how great Quinoa is for you.  To be honest, I tried it and didn't like it.  Then I heard someone made it for breakfast (like oatmeal), a gave it a go, make some tweaks, and this is what I got.  I love it!



Qunioa for Breakfast

1 cup Quinoa
1 cup water
1 cup skim milk
1/2 cup raisins
2 tsp vanilla
brown sugar
skim milk
cinnamon

Add the Quinoa, water, and 1 cup skim milk to a medium sized pot.  Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes.  Lower heat and simmer, covered, for 15 mins.  Stir occasionally.

Remove from heat.  Stir in raisins, vanilla, and brown sugar to taste.  Cover and let sit 5 minutes more.

Spoon into a serving bowl.  Add milk to taste and sprinkle with cinnamon.

Makes 4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment