Saturday 14 April 2012

Energy Balls

I am always on the look out for healthy "make and take" food.  I found this recipe in the Whitewater Cooks at Home Cookbook and tired it.  I love them.  I keep them in the fridge, they freeze too, and eat one either on the go or after a workout.  I made a big batch to day to take to my Crossfit Class tomorrow.



Energy Balls

1 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
1 cup sesame seeds, toasted
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup raisins
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 cups peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1 1/2 cups coconut, toasted

Place all ingredients, except for the coconut, into a  large bowl.  Mix with your hands.

Add more honey if needed.

Roll into balls using a 1/4 cup of the mixture (I used my large cookie scoop for even balls).

Roll balls in coconut.

Store in the fridge for up to one week or in the freezer for up to two months.


No comments:

Post a Comment