Sunday 10 July 2011

No Bake Chocolate Mud Balls

The other day we were getting ready for a play date.  I usually like to bake cookies or something, but it was just too hot.....weird I know living in Calgary.  So I started to look through my pile of recipes and found this one of my moms.  Just eating one brought me right back to my childhood.  These are really good, require no baking, and are easy!



No Bake Chocolate Mud Balls

1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
5 tbs cocoa
1/2 cream or milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 cups quick cooking oats
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup unsweetened coconut
1/2 tsp salt

Combine your sugar, cocoa, and milk in a large sauce pan.  Cook on Medium heat until your reach a soft boil, lightly boil for two minutes.  Turn your heat down to a med-low and stir in the oil and oats.  Cook for two more minutes.  Remove from heat and add the coconut, vanilla, and salt.

On a lined cookie sheet, drop the mixture by rounded tablespoon.  Place the cookie sheet in the fridge or freezer to set.  Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment