Monday 11 July 2011

Marinated BBQ'd Leg of Lamb

I love lamb.  Now I am not bragging (much), but I have been told that I make a mean BBQ'd lamb.  I made it yesterday for some very fabulous people and thought I would post it for you too!  Enjoy!



Marinade
3/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
6 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbs oregano
1 tbs salt
2 tsp pepper

Mix all the ingredients together until fully combined.

Place your lamb in a rectangle (or whatever the lamb will fit in) ceramic or glass dish.

Pour the marinade over the lamb and rub in the marinade with your hands.  Flip the lamb over and repeat.  Cover with plastic wrap and let stand in the refrigerator over night.

Now everyone BBQ's a little different so it really is up to you how you choose to cook it.  Lamb should be cooked at a nice low temperature.  BUT, when I BBQ my lamb I blast the BBQ on high until it get really hot.  The I turn off the middle burner and lower the two side burners.  Caution:  The marinade will cause a little flare up, so have a water spray bottle handy.  I let it cook, turning every 15 minutes, until the lamb reaches an eternal temperature of 140 degrees (this is for medium rare).  If you want medium 150 degrees and 160 degrees will give you well done.  Do not cook over 160 degrees!

Remove the lamb from the BBQ, place on a platter, cover with foil, and let the meat rest for 20 minutes.

So so so yummy!

Great Idea:
Divide the marinade in half for small portions of meat.  The marinade is great with chicken too!

No comments:

Post a Comment