Sunday 5 June 2011

Project AmeniT's

Before the Slave Lake Crisis, I put out a post about a charity thing I was doing called "Project AmenitT's".  Now that everything has settled down and HipKid's is done until October, I thought I would put into motion.

As you may or may not know, my work back ground is in hotels.  I LOVE hotels.  Whenever I stay at one I always bring my own shampoo, conditioner, body wash, ECT.  Then I started to think, while I may not be using it, someone else could.  From that point on I cleaned out my hotel room of the soaps and such and collected it.  My thought was to make "Stockings" at Christmas for people in need, (men, woman, children, & infants|) filled with amenities.  Ivan can vouch for me, I almost filled up the entire cabinet under our master suite sink with amenities!  Once the Slave Lake Crisis happened, I gladly packaged everything I had and sent them there.

So my request is that you start saving these things for me and hopefully by late November we will have a ton of "stockings" to give out and make someones Christmas just a little bit brighter.

Here is a little of things, but not limited to, of the things I will be collecting.  Please keep in mind, that I need them all to be "travel" size and I am collecting for all sexes and ages.

  • Shampoo
  • Conditioner
  • Soap
  • Body Wash
  • Tooth Paste
  • Tooth Brush
  • New Socks of all sizes
  • Razors
  • Shaving Cream
  • Baby Toiletries (soap, diaper cream, shampoo)
  • Individually Packaged Wipes
  • Kleenex
  • Tampons / Pads / Panty Liners
  • Chap Stick
I will keep you posted as to what we are getting a lot of and what we need more of......any progress we make.

Thank you so much!
Tania

No comments:

Post a Comment