Friday 24 February 2012

Cadbury Mini Egg Cookies

I came up with this recipe last year when I was trying to get rid of all the kids Easter Candy.  These cookies are thin, crispy, and so freaking delish!!



Cadbury Mini Egg Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt (only if using unsalted butter)
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 400 gram bag (2 cups) Cadbury Mini Eggs* crushed (I put them in a ziplock and hit them a couple of times with the flat side of my meat tenderiser.  Just break them up, don't make them into dust.)

In my Kitchen Aid, I creamed together the butter and sugar.  I then added my eggs, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Add in the flour until combined then add the mini eggs.

These cookies tend to spread out a little bit, so I only put 9 cookies on each parchment lined sheet using my med sized scoop.

Bake at 350 until golden brown (about 10-12 mins) and transfer to a wire rack to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment