Sunday 1 May 2011

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies with Reese's Pieces....my favorite cookie (for now)!

This is my new favorite cookie!  So rich and crunchy. 
I made these on Saturday, as I am still trying to fill up my freezer and replenish our snack supply.  YUMMY!

3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup Reese's Pieces* (you can use 1 cup of peanuts or chocolate chips too!)

In a large mixing bowl beat butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer on med to high speed about 30 seconds or until combined.  Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.  Beat until combined, scraping the side of the bowl occasionally.  Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined.  beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer.  Stir in any remaining flour.  Stir in rolled oats and candy pieces.

Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.  Bake at 375 about 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.  Transfer to wire rack and let cool....if you can!

Helpful Hint:
When putting my cookie dough on my cookie sheet I use a medium scoop from Pampered Chef.  This way I get even cookies and clean fingers! 


*Better Homes & Gardens

No comments:

Post a Comment